kookie in dubai - tales in the desert city

Thursday, August 16

These Boots Are Made for Walkin'

I'm trying to get a bit fitter and losing a few kilos in the process wouldn't hurt either. P and I joined Fitness First and after visiting for 2.5 weeks I seemed to have lost momentum and couldn't keep up the stamina or interest to:

a) remember to bring my gym clothes to work
b) leave work on time to get to the gym
c) stand in the queue to join one of the many classes

So I've decided to take action and am considering getting a personal (buff, preferably male) trainer to help me get rid of the muffin top and get me (back) into the skinny Sass & Bide jeans that I bought some time ago.

I read recently that once you hit 36 years of age 85% of your life is already mapped out for you through your actions, habits and lifestyle choices. So where does that leave me? It means that I have less than six weeks to rectify the situation and sort myself out.

Will let you know how I get on.

3 Comments:

  • I hated that gym - it was literally all superfit people in lycra, and I just felt awful. The only class where they even had people who were vaguely unfit/overweight was Bodybalance.

    I would really appreciate a gym that focused on people that were getting fit, not those who are already perfect 10s. I just felt - ridiculously perhaps - that I had no right being there and I didn't fit in. (And I'm not that body dysmorphic or paranoid, I'll still happily sit on a public beach in a bikini with my far-from-perfect physique).

    But Fitness First I couldn't even manage in a tracksuit.

    By Blogger secretdubai, at 10:02 pm  

  • Interesting to know.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 2:09 pm  

  • desert safari in dubai is one of the best place.

    By Blogger Unknown, at 1:01 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home